- BSNL strives to provide uninterrupted telecom services to the valuable customers. BSNL has an extensive grass root level Fault Restoration System (FRS) to book the complaints and ensure prompt rectification of any fault. For this customer is required to call Local Number 198 for booking/ registration of his complaint/grievance.
- Customer may use following toll free "consumer care numbers" for booking their complaints at our Complaint Centres (Call Centres). The details are tabulated below:
S. No. Type of Service Toll Free No. 1 For Basic Services including Broadband Services 1500 or 1800-345-1500 2 For CDMA & WiMAX Services 1502 or 1800-180-1502 3 For GSM Mobile Services 1503 or 1800-180-1503 4 For Broadband and Internet Services 1504 or 1800-345-1504 5 For Blackberry Services 1505 or 1800-180-1505 6 For MPLS and other Data Services 1800-425-1957
- BSNL is committed to provide state of the art Telecom services to its customers and comply with the quality benchmarks as prescribed by TRAI or set forth by itself from time to time.
a)Quality of service benchmarks set for customers of Wire Line connections/ Services :
|S. No.||Service Parameter||Time Limit for provision of service/ redressal of complaint|
|1||Provision of Telephone Connection||100% within seven days(subject to technical feasibility)|
|2||Repair of Fault||(a) 100% within three days for urban areas and (b) 100% within five days for rural/ hilly areas (subject to technical feasibility)|
|3||Shifting of Telephone Connection||Within three days|
|4||Closure of Telephone Connection||Within 7 days|
|5||Percentage of Billing Complaints resolved within four weeks||100%|
|6||Time taken for refund of deposit after closure||Within sixty days of date of closure|
|S. No.||Service Parameter||Time Limit for provision of service/ redressal of complaint(TRAI Benchmark)|
|MONTHLY BASIS :|
|1||Resolution of billing/ charging complaint||100% within 4 weeks|
|2||Period of applying credit/ waiver/ adjustment to customer’s account||100% within 1 week|
|3||Accessibility of call centre/ customer care||>= 95%|
|4||%age of calls answered by the operator (Voice to Voice)||>= 90%|
|5||%age requests for Termination/ Closure of service complied||100% within 7 days|
|6||Time taken for refund of Deposit after closure||100% within 60 days|
|S. No.||Service Parameter||Time Limit for provision of service/ redressal of complaint(TRAI Benchmark)|
|1||Provisioning of BB Connection||100% within fifteen days (subject to technical feasibility).|
|2||Repair of Fault||Within three days|
|3||Billing Performance (a) Percentage of Billing Complaints resolved. (b) Time taken for refund of deposits after closure||(a) All billing complaints to be resolved within four weeks. (b) All cases of refund of deposits to be made within sixty days of date of closure.|
Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal Regulation, 2012
Pursuant to the TRAI’s new Regulation called the Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal Regulations, 2012, BSNL has replaced its three-tier Complaint Redressal Mechanism by two-tier system by doing away with Nodal Officer. Under these Regulations, every complaint at Complaint Centre (Call Centre) shall be registered by giving Unique Docket Number, which will remain in the system for at least three months. Every Complaint Centre (Call Centre) shall
- At the time of registering of complaint
- communicate through SMS to the consumer, the docket number, date and time of registration of the complaint and the time within which the complaint is likely to be resolved; and
- update the system with date and time of registration of the complaint, docket number, the telephone number of the consumer and the time indicated to the consumer for resolution of the complaint;
- On completion of action for redressal of complaint,
- communicate to the consumer through SMS of Redressal of the complaint along with action taken on the complaint; and
- Update the system with details of action taken.
- the first level of the IVRS provides for language selection;
- the second level of the IVRS provides for options relating to the broad categories of complaints and service requests;
- the third level of the IVRS provides for a sub-menu under complaints and service requests, separately;
BSNL has established "Web based Complaint Monitoring System" to enable the consumers to book and monitor the status of their complaints in their respective Service Areas.
The details about booking and monitoring the complaints on "Web Based Monitoring System" is given below:
- Step-1: Open BSNL website i.e.www.bsnl.co.in.
- Step-2: Click on customer care. The following will appear on the screen:-
|New Service Request||Complaint Booking||Status||Status of Appeal|
|Register for New Services||For Booking Dockets||For Tracking Service Requests/ Complaint Bookings||For Tracking Appeal Docket Status|
|Landline/ Broadband||Landline/ Broadband||Landline/ Broadband||Appeal status only|
|GSM/ CDMA||GSM/ CDMA||GSM/ CDMA|
|Leased Lines||Leased Lines||Leased Lines|
- Step-3: Choose and click on Landline/ Broadband or GSM/ WLL for New Service Request, Complaint Booking and for Tracking Status of Service Request/Complaint Booking/Appeals.
- Step-4: Select the Circle and use online services without registration or with registration
- The details of Web based Complaint Monitoring System shall be published in a leading newspaper in Hindi/ English and in Local language of service area once in six month and also through its telephone bills
- Any change in the address of the "Web Based Complaint Monitoring System" shall also be intimated to the consumers in the same manner stated above
Name and designation of the Appellate Authority of respective Service Area along with his contact telephone number, FAX number, e-mail id and office addresses is displayed in his office, Complaint Centre (Call Centre) and Customer Service Centre (CSC) and can also be seen on BSNL website.
Details of Public Grievance Appellate Authority (Telecom Circle wise)
Appeal to appellate authority for redressal of consumer grievances.
- If the consumer is not satisfied with the redressal of his complaint by the Complaint Centre or, if his complaint remains unaddressed or no intimation of redressal of his complaint is received within the period specified, such consumer may prefer an appeal to the Appellate Authority through e-mail or FAX or post on in person as per details given above after expiry of time limit specified for redressal of grievance as early as possible and positively before three months after expiry of time limit specified for redressal of grievance. Two member Advisory Committee comprised of one member from Consumer Organization registered with the Authority and other member from BSNL (at least one level below the Appellate Authority) has been set up in each Service Area separately to offer an advice on all such appeals preferred to the Appellate Authority.
- Registration of Appeals and scrutiny by Advisory Committee - The Secretariat of appellate authority shall -
- immediately on receipt of an appeal, register it by assigning a unique appeal number;
- acknowledge the appeal, within three days of its receipt, by sending the unique appeal number through SMS or e-mail to the consumer;
- forward within three days from the date of receipt of the appeal, a copy of the appeal to the concerned section of Circle office and/or concerned SSA Head for filing a reply, within seven days, along with the relevant information, document or record; and
- within two days of receipt of the reply from the concerned section of Circle office and/or concerned SSA Head, place the reply, along with the appeal, before the Advisory Committee for its consideration
- The Advisory Committee shall render its advice on every appeal placed before it within fifteen days.
- The Secretariat shall, within two days of receipt of the advice of Advisory Committee, place before the appellate authority, the appeal, the reply received from the concerned section of Circle office and/or concerned SSA Head and the advice of the Advisory Committee, for its consideration.
- Disposal of appeal by appellate authority
- The appellate authority shall ensure uniformity in the procedure for deciding appeals and comply with the provisions contained in succeeding Paras.
- The appellate authority shall within ten days of appeal being placed before it, conduct such inquiry as it may consider necessary and dispose of the appeal by passing a reasoned order in writing stating therein the points for determination and the decision thereon;
Provided that the appellate authority shall while deciding the appeal, give due consideration to the advice given by the advisory committee;
Provided further that in case the appellate authority decides the appeal otherwise than in accordance with the advice of the advisory committee, it shall record the reasons for the same in the order passed by it.
- The presence of the appellant shall not be obligatory but he may, if he so desires, appear in person to present his case before the appellate authority.
- On disposal of the appeal by the appellate authority, the secretariat cell intimates the decision thereof to the appellant and the concerned officer in BSNL.
Open House Session:
Complaints/ suggestions of general nature as regard to improving the telecom services in the area are discussed in the Open House Sessions. The basic idea of conducting such Open House Sessions is to establish direct channels of communications with our customers and also to enable the telecom staff to appreciate and evaluate the customers’ difficulties and complaints from their point of view. A press notification is issued in leading newspaper to hold the Open House Session for inviting customers to attend and submit their suggestions/grievances. Open House Sessions are held in a public hall and the session is presided over by Senior Officers i.e. Area GM/Area Manager. Customers are requested to place general grievances which are recorded and replies are given on the spot. In case, reply cannot be provided on the spot a time frame is specified and efforts are made to ensure the settlement of the case within the given time frame along with reply in writing
Customers whose grievances remained unsettled are invited to make petitions for redressal of their grievances in Telephone Adalats. SSA (Secondary Switching Area) Level Telephone Adalats are being conducted once in two months and Circle level Telephone Adalats are being conducted once in three months.
Customers are asked to give their grievances in writing with all supporting documents to District Complaint Officer (DCO). The concerned office to whom the case relates examines the case received by DCO and settles the case. A speaking order settling the case is communicated to the customers. For unsettled cases, a date is fixed for holding the Telephone Adalat. The customers are invited to attend the Telephone Adalat. The Adalat is presided over by the officer in-charge of the SSA/Circle. The concerned officers of BSNL are also called to be present in the Adalat. The full detail of the case is presented to the presiding officer. The order of the presiding officer is communicated in the Adalat after hearing the arguments from both the parties.
If a consumer is not able to get his/her complaint/ grievance redressed through the above said 2-tier Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism in BSNL, he/ she can book his/her complaint /grievance at BSNL Corporate Office either through letter/ Fax/ e-mail or through telephone as per contact details given below:
|S.No.||Name of Public Grievance Officer/ Designation||Office Address||Telephone Number||E-Mail Address|
|1||Shri Rajvir Sharma, GM(CDN)||Room No. 27, IR Hall, Eastern Court, Janpath , New Delhi-110001||011-23717055 011-23312021 (FAX)||email@example.com|
|2||Shri Brijesh Tyagi, DGM(PG)||Room No. 28, IR Hall, Eastern Court, Janpath , New Delhi-110001||011-2335 7676 011-2331 8778 (FAX)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Shri Sukhvir Singh, AGM(PG)||IR Hall, Eastern Court, Janpath , New Delhi-110001||011-2376 6621 094127 74553||Agmpgbsnl@bsnl.co.in|
|4||Mrs. Richa Rastogi DM(PG-1)||Room No. 31, IR Hall, Eastern Court, Janpath , New Delhi-110001||011-2373 4247/ 098682 32739 011-2373 4247 (FAX)||email@example.com|
|5||Shri Rajinder DM(PG)||Room No. 31, IR Hall, Eastern Court, Janpath , New Delhi-110001||011-2373 4247 098681 62400 011-2373 4247 (FAX)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
If a complainant is not able to get the complaint redressed through 2-tier mechanism of Consumer grievances, click CPGRAMS Link below for lodging the grievance.
Download MANUAL FOR CONSUMERS’ EDUCATION AND PREVENTION OF THEIR GRIEVANCES